Friday, September 4, 2009

Common Men Achieving Uncommon Things

When I began to think about my business model and what I truly wanted to accomplish through my coaching, I was perplexed about the vastness of the avenues I could direct my coaching efforts. I wasn’t, and still, am not completely sure how I envision my complete approach or all the details of my training/coaching system, but there is one thing for sure that my goal is to influence and prepare for results beyond comprehension.

When I began to think about my own journey and some of the other athletes I’m involved with, I began to determine a common thread and tagline that really has driven me to keep moving forward. Through utilization of commitment, discipline and planning in sport as the vehicle to accomplish unconceivable goals both physically and mentally and thus impacting one’s future and overall life experience in every possible way. That’s what really moves me - a lifestyle and pursuit of personal improvement and belief in one’s self to overcome fears and that anything is possible with the proper dedication, resources and tools.
As I consider my target market I’m directed towards two major segments: the junior athletes and the beginner to intermediate adult demographics. In these areas I can provide the most value to my clients for the most personal satisfaction in direct relation to my motivators. I’m excited about drawing young people into a sport that commands such discipline and lifelong personal values to create better members of society. I’m very sure my model and targets will be dynamic as time goes on and athletes come through the revolving door, but right now I love being able to instill a personal confidence that didn’t exist before the athlete met me. Coaching an athlete through a successful “first-time” experience or distance is a platform to encourage a lifestyle of personal success and dream chasing. I want to encourage that in my athletes - realistic targets and goals, but unrealistic dreams on which to set sights. I want to see common men achieving uncommon things and help them on their journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment